Sunday, September 9, 2012

Peperoncini and Chicken Sandwich

Just recently we celebrated my dad's birthday, I decided that I wanted to make him a birthday lunch... the only thing stopping me was... What was I going to make? I thought about what had been sounding good to me lately and what I had been wanting to cook, and I thought of this.

I thought this recipe sounded amazing, but, it would need a few changes to make it light enough for lunch.


So, I decided to make a sandwich instead of having a whole chicken breast. I also decided to use cream cheese instead of goat cheese.

Here is a list of ingredients:
 (This recipe should make about eight sandwiches)

Sandwich rolls (You can make rolls if you want but I decided I was... well... too lazy! So we bought rolls.)
3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 oz. Cream cheese
9 Peperoncini's
1 T Dîjon mustard
A couple shakes garlic salt
1 T Olive oil
1 t butter
Salt and pepper


Let's get started with the cooking!
  
Start by pounding your chicken.








Then heat your frying pan up to 300 degrees.




Add your olive oil...




... and the butter to your pan.


Put your chicken in the pan to cook.


Salt and pepper your chicken.





Continue cooking your chicken.


Then flip it over to cook the other side.






Saute chicken until cooked through.




Toast your rolls.




While your rolls are toasting mix your spread.

   Start by putting your cream cheese into a small bowl...




Check on your rolls!

... then dice your peperoncini's.






Check that bread again!

Add your peperoncini's to your cream cheese.




Add in some garlic salt...


Okay the bread is probably done by now... so go ahead and take it out!

... and your dîjon mustard.


Mix this all together.


Set your spread aside... and cut your chicken.




Now it's time to assemble your sandwiches.

Put your spread onto your toasted rolls.


Add your chicken.


Cut it in half... and there you have it!


A yummy sandwich!




                                                                  


Enjoy! Lane Elizabeth

{All photo's are credit to my wonderful sister! Check her out at Zelda's Zoom}










































No comments:

Post a Comment