Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lavender Sugar Cookies

   The other day my mom came home from the store with a jar of dried lavender. We talked about wanting to make something with it, but at the time I didn't know what it was that I wanted to make. I thought about it every time I walked through the kitchen and saw the jar of lavender sitting there. One day I thought about sugar cookies... why couldn't I add lavender to the cookies? I took my idea and went to look it up online. I found some recipes and decided how I wanted to add the lavender to my cookies. I decided that white chocolate might be a nice addition to my lavender cookies, so I set out on a mission to make some cookies.



Here is a sugar cookie recipe

I mixed my ingredients in a different order than the recipe calls for... all the steps that I did are below.


The other ingredients I used were:

1 1/2 T lavender
12 oz. white chocolate
1 - 2 t vegetable oil


Start by putting your sugar and lavender into the food processor.









Put your sugar and butter in the mixer and beat until combined.









Now add in your egg...





... vanilla...





... and milk.





Beat that together. Next mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.









Add the flour into the sugar mixture in small amounts so it doesn't fly all over when you start the mixer.







When all of the flour is combined into the dough... form the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator... I left mine in for about an hour.







When your dough is fully chilled take it out and place it on a floured surface.











Roll out your dough to your desired thickness and cut into whatever shape you would like. I chose to do a circle.











Place your cookies on a baking sheet and put them in the oven until slightly golden brown.









When all of your cookies are out of the oven... and have cooled down melt your chocolate. I chose to put to put my chocolate in a mug to dip my cookies because I thought it had the best size and depth for my cookies. Pour your chocolate into your mug, add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil and place in the microwave for 30 seconds and then stir... place back in microwave and continue this until chocolate is fully melted.









Take your cookie and dip half of it into the chocolate, then place in onto a sheet of wax paper to dry.











Repeat this over... and over... and over until all of your cookies have been dipped.













I got to a point when I didn't have enough chocolate left to dip my cookies in so I drizzled chocolate over the rest. When the cookies that you drizzled chocolate over are dry you can break the excess chocolate off the edges if you would like.

Now just wait for your cookies to dry and then place them on a tray of your chocie!









And there you have it... lavender cookies!







Enjoy! Lane Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment