Monday, February 11, 2013

Applesauce

   My mom has been making applesauce for us for years... and I absolutely love it! We had some apples just waiting to be made into a yummy applesauce and I told my mama that I would make it for her this time! She told me how to make it and I set out to make applesauce for the first time.



Here is the recipe:

 Apples, peeled and diced (I used about 20-25 apples for this batch)
 1/4 C water
 3 heaping teaspoons sugar
 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Start by preparing your apples.

   Peel your apples...






... cut your apple into in quarters...





... cut out the core...







... and put your apple slices into the food processor to dice them.



Place diced apples into a large pot.



Add your water to the pot, so, your apples will not burn.



Next add in your sugar.





Then add in the cinnamon and stir it all together.


Turn the heat on to a medium-low heat, and mash your apples with a potato masher.






Continue to alternate mashing your apples and stirring your apples until tender. turn off the heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate your applesauce and serve cold.









Enjoy! Lane Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Lane, I just wanted to tell you how wonderful I think it is that you have created this beautiful blog! It is always so pretty, your writing is fun and interesting and the content is always something great!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete