Thursday, February 21, 2013

Soft-boiled Egg Sandwich

The other day I was looking in the food and drink category on Pinterest for inspiration and I came across a tasty looking fried egg sandwich. I thought about it and decided I wanted to try my own version. I decided to go with soft-boiled eggs instead of fried for a little bit healthier version. So... here's what I did!



This is what you will need:
2 Eggs per sandwich
2 Slices of your choice of bread per sandwich
A few slices of cheese per sandwich (what ever kind you like... I used Monterrey Jack)
Salt and pepper


Start out by toasting your bread.







Then cut some slices of cheese.





Once you are done with that, take half of your pieces of toast and place them on a cookie sheet. put you cheese on top of the toast and set it aside for now.





Now it is time to boil the water for the eggs. We have a pan that is made for soft-boiling eggs and it is wonderful... but sadly it only cooks four eggs and we needed six. So we had to cook some in a pot of boiling water, it was not an easy task!













While your eggs are cooking put the toast with cheese under the broiler to melt.



Once the cheese is melted take it out and place them on your plates.





Your eggs should be almost done by now, when the whites of the eggs is just cooked through the egg is ready. take your eggs and place them on your bread.









Salt and pepper you sandwiches...





And there you have it... a soft-boiled egg sandwich!





Enjoy! Lane Elizabeth


 








1 comment: